This course combines conflict management theory with intensive practical and experiential role plays and exercises that will improve each participant’s communication skills and provide conflict management strategies and techniques that are empowering and effective in everyday work, family and community situations.
The 20+ hour program will cover:
- Reflective listening skills
- Conflict resolution theory
- Identifying underlying issues
- Interest-based problem solving
- Understanding conflict behaviors
- Small group exercises
- Role plays
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day
Cost: $515 -- Register before December 31, 2019 for $495 (2019 prices)
This course is approved by the Supreme Court of Virginia Dispute Resolution Services
and can be used towards Mediator Certification training requirements.
This course is pending approval by the Virginia Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board.
About the Trainers
Andrea Palmisano, Palmisano Mediation Services, and Karen Richards have 40 years of mediation and training experience. Andrea is an associate psychology professor at Tidewater Community College and Karen has her own mediation and training business.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: We may cancel any workshops for insufficient registration or inclement weather and will issue all registrants a full refund of any payments made. Cancellation by a participant must be done, in writing, by March 2, 2020 to receive a full refund. If cancellation is made after March 2, 2020 the participant will receive a refund less the $100 deposit. Participants who fail to cancel or attend the training (“No-Shows”), will be charged the full amount of the training and will forfeit the deposit and any payments made towards the training.
- You may register and pay the total workshop price online through PayPal (using your PayPal account or a credit card). Click "Add to Cart" below. You can register for multiple events so add as many events to your cart as you wish. Once you have selected all the events you wish to attend, be sure to click "View Cart" to make your payment and complete the registration process.
- You may pay the workshop deposit or full amount via check or credit card. Download a course registration form and mail it with your check or credit card information.