This 27-hour advanced mediation skills training examines the psychological, social and financial needs of families and children in family conflict situations. Through intensive practical and experiential role plays and exercises, participants will learn about:
- Family Systems Theory
- Emotional Stages of Separation
- Child Development
- Domestic Violence
- Indicators of Child Abuse
- Child Support
- Gender Issues
- Red Flag Financial Issues
- Marital Property & Spousal Support
- Progressive Role Plays
Time: June 16 -- 2 p.m. - 6 p.m.; June 17-19 -- 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Pre-Requisite: 20-hour General Mediation Course
This course is approved by the Supreme Court of Virginia Dispute Resolution Services and can be used towards Mediator Certification training requirements.
This course is pending approval by the Virginia Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Board for 22.5 CLE credit hours with 1.0 credit hours for Ethics.
About the Trainers: Andrea Palmisano, Palmisano Mediation Services, and Karen Richards have 40 years of mediation and training experience. Andrea is an associate psychology professor at Tidewater Community College and Karen has a training and mediation business.
Registration closes on June 9, 2020
Cancellation and Refund Policy: We may cancel the training for insufficient registration or inclement weather and we will issue all registrants a full refund of any payments made. Cancellation by a participant must be done, in writing, by June 9, 2020 in order to receive a full refund. If cancellation is made after June 9, 2020, the participant will receive a refund less the $100 deposit. Participants who fail to cancel or attend the training ("No-Shows"), will be charged the full amount of the training and will forfeit the deposit and any payments made towards the training.
- You may register and pay the total workshop price online through PayPal (using your PayPal account or a credit card). Click "Add to Cart" below. You can register for multiple events so add as many events to your cart as you wish. Once you have selected all the events you wish to attend, be sure to click "View Cart" to make your payment and complete the registration process.
- You may pay the workshop deposit or full amount via check or credit card. Download a course registration form and mail it with your check or credit card information.